Welcome to your first class on Create Visual Design Components and Analyse Information and Assign Meta-tags.
This class is a cluster of the two units, but they will be delivered individually with the focus on Visual Design Components.
Visual Design Components will be focusing on the use of Photoshop and the creation of graphic design pieces.
Meta-tags will be focusing on the creation and use of Meta-tags, we will look at why and how you create them.
To pass this class you need to prove that you can cover the aspects below:
Create Visual Design Components
The text is reflective of the Unit of Competency text.
Clarify Work Requirements
- Clarify what type of visual design components are required
- Identify factors that may determine or affect visual design concepts, including design techniques
- Clarify the target audience, and determine format and delivery platform
- (All points above will need to be discussed with work colleagues)
Generate and Assess Ideas
- Review media products, designs, images, artwork and other creative sources that may inspire visual design ideas
- Collect any other relevant information that may influence design ideas
- Generate a range of visual design ideas and respond to specifications and provide creative solutions to all design issues
- Make sure the design solution suits the technical specifications of the project
- Present visual design ideas to team and/or client
- Create the necessary visual design components by sketching and using computer software
- Explore range of typographical and visual design elements
- Evaluate your concepts against the design brief and your initial design ideas
- Meet with team and discuss initial design ideas and technical output format meets delivery platform requirements
Produce Visual Design Components
- Use design techniques to develop the structure of the final design
- Apply visual design principles and communication principles to produce components
- Save visual design in a suitable format
Finalise Visual Design Components
- Review visual design components to assess whether creative solutions meet design and technical specifications
- Discuss and confirm with relevant personnel additional requirements or modifications and undertake any necessary amendments.
- Present to client
Analyse Information and Assign Meta-Tags
Identify Requirements For Meta-tags
- Identify scope and uses of material from previous and existing business and stakeholder requirements process
- Determine appropriate type and structure of meta-tags, including client needs, requirements and expectations
- Identify and incorporate new client requirements and expectations
- Use analysis and description tools, standards, precedents and techniques that are appropriate, given the nature of the material
- Ensure analysis of subject content of the material reflects expected client usage requirements
- Clearly distinguish significant information from minor information
- Ensure concepts derived from analysis of material are appropriate to the business requirements and intended use
- Develop meta-tags
- Ensure meta-tags represent concepts appropriately
- Ensure meta-tags conform to general conventions and business rules
- Develop reference structure of descriptors, where required to display relationships to assist clients
- Enhance meta-tags to meet identified client needs
Test and Monitor Meta-tagging Practices and Procedures
- Test meta-tagging of material and make changes, if necessary
- Regularly review meta-tagging practices and procedures to ensure that client needs are being met
- Regularly review industry developments in meta-tagging and take appropriate action to improve practices
- Check meta-tags regularly for internal consistency and compliance with established structure, rules and authorities
Please follow the in-class introduction to the unit text and then complete the comprehension task below.