Below is a copy of the text for your 1.Assessment task. Please ensure to read the text carefully before commencing and contact me in person to ensure that you are on track after the break. You will have time to work on the assessment in class 10 (next class on the 11/09)
Assessment 1 (Cert IV in IDM)
Development of a Character and Interior Concepts
Due Date: 20/10/2012
Grade: 30% of final grade
Brief: Think of your favourite game character and design an offspring. We are interested in an exciting addition of personality and criteria. The offspring needs to be clearly related to the parent, yet needs to have interesting characteristics, which make for a deep gaming experience.
Now add the interior spaces that your character will encounter. What will the rooms and interiors in your character’s world look like?
Respond to all the questions and perform all tasks below! E-mail your link to your assessment to me.
1. Create two digital Moodboards in Photoshop:
Dimensions: 1280 x 1024px, Resolution: 100ppi
1) Your first moodboard should have a clear focus on Landscapes, colour scheme, font choices and needs to include stylistic decisions as well. Create it in Photoshop and save it as a JPG.
2) Your second moodboard should have images of interior spaces of the existing game and interiors that you want to use as inspiration or reference.
2. Create a styleboard:
Create a styleboard for your character, describing the style and features. (Use links at Classoffederico)
3. Create two Prezi presentations:
Create two online presentations using www.prezi.com
1) Your first presentation needs to
- define the target audience
- Show your research the existing character (images and information)
- Show your brainstorms of characteristics and traits for the offspring (we are interested in visual traits)
- Include the styleboard for your character
- Show a minimum of 5 pages of thumbnails and character development sketches (scans)
- Include your detailed sketch of your character against a interior of your game (see point 4 of this assessment)
2) Your second presentation needs to include:
- Your research of cityscapes/landscapes and interiors (partly from the original game and from other sources)
- A moodboard for cityscapes and/or landscapes
- A moodboard for interior spaces
- 5 pages of sketches for interiors, including close-ups and entire rooms or spaces
- A range of colours for the interiors
Insert the links to both presentations in the blue box and e-mail to me.
4. Create a final concept for your character
Sketch it in more detail against an interior for the game.
Include in your presentation